Monday, April 27, 2009

Does Social Networking have you confused?

Dealing with all the Social Media networks and Web 2.0 techniques you may find yourself in total confusion to say the least. I thought I should share a few of these tools that have made it all possible for me to keep up!

It was only few years ago when I first heard the term Web 2.0 or social media and started to dig a little deeper in this technology. I visited sites like YouTube, Myspace and Facebook but wasn't sure of how or why I needed to have my own profile until I discovered Mike Dillard and a simple training program called Building On A Budget. This was my introduction to Web 2.o!

Taking the information that I learned in the BOAB program I started exploring the correct way to build business relationships by using all the tools available. It's amazing what you can do with some information and the simplicity that comes with Twitter!

Twitter has been the simplest Social Networking tool by far. The concept is simple follow people and let them follow you back. Then you post updates about your current events, pictures, ideas you may have and finally you can share URL links about your business! Most people will follow you back and many will interact with you if you are genuine so don't throw your business proposal at them the first time or you lose!

Believe me on this one as I started marketing when ICQ was the big player, only if I would have known about Magnetic Sponsoring. Let me show you a few Twitter tools that can make your Social Networking experience more enjoyable.
Start adding some friends and please don't forget me..:) next post a few updates about your day good or bad, its that simple!

Now to the good stuff..

My recommendations to make your Twitter experience enjoyable for everyone!

TweetLater allows you to auto follow or unfollow people plus much more. Check their website out for all the details.

TwitPic is a service that allows you to upload photos and share them with your Twitter Followers. Followers love pictures! You can also post the pictures from your phone through email.

Twitter Karma is a great tool to manage your followers.

TwitterTise works great for scheduling tweets and tracking your URL links when you advertise your business.

Twittad allows you to monetize your Twitter background by sponsoring ads.. now your twitter account is more than fun!

This list will be more than enough to get your Twitter account rocking, if you're mobile like myself and use a Blackberry here are a few applications for Twitter.

UberTwitter is the application on my Storm. Still in the beta form but very stable.

TwitterBerry is also a favorite of mine...

Social networking is becoming a very important part of online and traditional business models, now is the time to jump aboard. Take the time and learn how to enrich your networking abilities and it's all free! If you have any questions direct message me on Twitter!

Happy networking,

Scott http://www.fdipays.com/

No comments: