Thursday, April 23, 2009

Participant or Bystander?

Yes, I agree that things aren't so rosie for many people in today's economy, but did they become a victim or did they participate? At this point it really doesn't matter, the damage is done for many, the best defense now is the ability to identify and understand.

The Truth.. Most problems could have been avoided by acting on one simple phrase "live on less than you make". I too get envious when I see people drive their new cars or hear them talk about their vacations and buying the latest and greatest electronic items! Who wouldn't want all this stuff.. Never focus on what you don't have, instead be grateful for what you do have.

I can't speak for everyone but some of these individuals are living paycheck to paycheck, some are even going into foreclosure on their homes. Sadly enough a few people have made the statement "they deserve it"! We all deserve the best and the best will come when we are good stewards of our finances. All the stories are the same with the outcome being the same too. The feelings these people are encountering are unhappiness, stress and hopelessness, all wondering how they will make it through these economically bad times. Was it worth it?

I'm in favor of nice homes, cars, motorcycles, vacations and the latest electronic items that make my live more enjoyable. I also have multiple source or income or MSI's in place to help fund my enjoyments. Having a financial plan is always a good start, however I'm never in favor of buying on credit when it could sacrifice the the financial future of your family or your health. Did you know that money problems are the leading cause of divorce in the USA? This is the difference between participating or standing on the sidelines and watching.

Wouldn't the outcome be different if people had no debt except maybe a mortgage? If they had saved 3 to 6 months of income for emergency's, thing would be a lot different. I know this can be accomplished even on a average income. It's not how much you make that is important, its how much you keep that counts. Someone once told me that money wasn't everything, try to tell that to the bank. If you want more stuff, you need to be open on new ways to generate income!

Todays economy will come to pass, but I guarantee the same situation will come again in our future. My only question to you ... What will you do different to change your financial outcome?


To your financial success,
Scott
www.fdipays.com

No comments: